Posted Sat Jul 30th by Jon Heath
Premature reports that surfaced yesterday saying Willis McGahee had signed with the Broncos may have just been a few days early. Fox31 reporter Josina Anderson says there has been some progress made. Shortly after Josina’s tweet, Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported that McGahee would be visiting the Broncos either tonight or Sunday. According […]
Posted Sat Jul 30th by Jon Heath
Despite already having eleven wide receivers on the roster, the Broncos on Saturday signed former Houston Texans wide receiver David Anderson. The news was first reported by Anderson himself, via Twitter. Coming to Denver after playing in Houston for the past five seasons, Anderson is entering his sixth year in the league at age 28. […]
Posted Sat Jul 30th by Jon Heath
The Denver Broncos announced on Saturday evening that veteran safety Renaldo Hill has been released from the team. The move surprises no one, as Mr. East predicted last Wednesday that Hill would be cut, freeing up $5.5 million in cap space for the team. Hill is entering his 11th season after playing the previous two […]
Posted Sat Jul 30th by Jon Heath
The Denver Broncos have refused to sign an overpaid, aging, past-his-prime defensive tackle in free agency this offseason, and passed up on Seattle’s young Brandon Mebane (who was relatively cheap). As a result, the team has a gaping hole on the depth chart smack in the middle of Denver’s 4-3 defense. The Houston Texans have […]
Posted Sat Jul 30th by Jon Heath
Recently cut New England Patriots defensive end Ty Warren will visit the Broncos at Dove Valley this evening, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post. Warren had played defensive end in the Patriots’ 3-4 defense. Weighing in at 300 pounds, he could easily make the transition to defensive tackle in Denver’s 4-3. Having just […]
Posted Sat Jul 30th by Jon Heath
There’s more drama on the Broncos quarterback front. According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins may still deal for Denver quarterback Kyle Orton. Let me follow that good news with great news: Despite numerous believable national and local reports that Miami’s attempt to trade for Denver quarterback Kyle Orton is over, I […]
Posted Sat Jul 30th by Jon Heath
Good news out of Dove Valley this morning, we could sure use some. Rookies Von Miller and Quinton Carter were both back at practice this morning, reports Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post. Saturday’s AM practice marks the team’s first practice in full pads this season. Both Miller and Carter left practice early on Friday, […]
Posted Fri Jul 29th by Jon Heath
Broncos outside linebacker Wesley Woodyard has signed his restricted free agent tender and defensive tackle Ryan McBean has signed his exclusive rights tender, Denver announced on Friday evening. Denver’s kicker, Matt Prater signed his tender earlier this afternoon. All three players will be added to the 90-man training camp roster, but cannot practice with the […]
Posted Fri Jul 29th by Jon Heath
There was panic across Broncos Country when the news broke that Broncos rookie linebacker Von Miller and safety Quinton Carter both left practice early with injuries. Relax, they’ll both be fine. Carter struggled with the heat, as well as three other rookies, which is understandable in Denver’s high altitude. Head Coach John Fox said Carter had […]
Posted Fri Jul 29th by Jon Heath
The hits keep on coming. It appears the Kyle Orton trade has fallen through. The Broncos didn’t accept the Dolphins offer and now Miami has moved on. With few other teams in need of a quarterback willing to accommodate Denver’s demands, the Broncos are now stuck with Orton. There’s a chance that they don’t mind. Maybe that […]
|
|
Published on 07/30/2011 at Sat Jul 30 19:08. 10 Comments
Filed under Broncos Buzz