Posted Tue Sep 28th by Monty
Apologies for the lack of posts yesterday. Our 9-5′s were a bit extra demanding. We return to your regularly scheduled programming today…
- Kenny McKinley‘s funeral service was held in Georgia Monday. Wesley Woodyard gave a eulogy, saying, “Every day, (McKinley) would come into the locker room and teach 61 men how to laugh and smile. I’ve never seen anybody in my life that taught everybody to smile every single day. Every single day.”
- McKinley was generous with his time to a young fan in 2008 who suffered from brain cancer. “He was the kind of person who would go out of his way to meet a young fan, no matter how inconvenient.”
- Please donate to the Kenny McKinley trust fund.
- “Execution” is Josh McDaniels‘ one-word answer to what ails the Broncos in the red zone.
- Tim Tebow certainly isn’t.
- The Broncos’ red zone woes are expounded on short yardage (“and one”) downs.
- Demaryius Thomas‘ x-rays on his left wrist/arm came back negative.
- The Colts‘ superstars didn’t beat the Broncos Sunday — their Plan B guys did.
- It’s never too early for a little draft class analysis (actually, it often is, but anyway…). Perrish Cox looks like a steal.
- The surprise 3-0 Chicago Bears.
- One columnist isn’t buying the NFC’s only remaining undefeated team.
- Chargers LT Marcus McNeill signed his one-year tender and expects to have a long-term deal by season’s end.