Denver Broncos blog, news and rumors


FB

[hype it up!]
[Share with Yardbarker]

Published on 05/12/2008 at Mon May 12 07:54.
Tagged: .



Recently the only news on the Broncos has revolved around DT Marcus Thomas and the fact that the drug charges from March have been officially dropped. I’ve posted a couple times on the subject and we’ve had some lively discusses on the topic.

Today I feel like it’s only fair to give Thomas the last word on this subject…

On his initial thoughts when he heard the charges were finally dropped:

“I’m relieved.”

On the support of his teammates and coaches:

“As soon as I talked to Shanahan and Shanahan said, ‘If you’re innocent, we’re with you 100 percent and we’ll get through this together,’ I was relieved….I had to let it play out. But right now, I’m just happy the coaches stuck with me the whole time”

On what he learned:

“I just know I can’t continue to hang out with the same people I hung with back in high school,” Thomas said. “And I just have to stay out of Jacksonville, really.”

On the timing of the charges being dropped:

“I’m just glad it didn’t go all the way to camp. I didn’t want any distractions. This is the first time I’ve been able to be here in the offseason, and I’ve been working really hard.”

On Denver’s upcoming mini-camp:

“I can’t wait. Last year, I didn’t even play half a year of football because I was suspended from Florida. And I wasn’t really working out because I didn’t even plan on getting drafted. But I feel really confident coming into this season. I’m a lot stronger, well-conditioned. I’m pretty much ready to show what I’ve got going on now.”