Posted Fri Sep 7th by Tim Lynch
- Jack Del Rio has a big task ahead of him this week, as the Denver Broncos look to stop the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive attack. We all want to talk about Peyton Manning, but I sense that is where the game will be won or lost. [DenverBroncos.com]
- Willis McGahee is looking to become an exception to the running back rules and achieve multiple 1000 yards rushing seasons on the sunny side of his thirtieth birthday. [Denver Post]
- The Steelers apparently won’t be looking to the past – cough, bs, cough – only to the future and stopping Peyton Manning. They should be focused on how to stop Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller. [The Pueblo Chieftain]
- I always enjoy the different perspectives of game previews. There is the optimism from a sister blog, then there is the tepid reception of the Broncos over at CBS Sports, and also the downright brutal truth from Walter. [Predominantly Orange, CBS Sports & WalterFootball.com]
- There is also a minority contingent of people who want nothing more than to end the NFL permanently to save people from themselves. Sure, it sounds bad when one quotes that the odds of someone having long term disabilities are four times more likely for a football player than it is for the average Joe, but what they don’t mention is that it’s still less than 1% of all football players. The answer is likely in technology, not in ending football. [Denver Post]
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.