Posted Thu Aug 30th by Tim Lynch
- There are four more quarters of play for the Denver Broncos this preseason, then its for real. Sadly, its also four more quarters for nearly half the current roster, then its unemployment. [DenverBroncos.com & Denver Post]
- With cut day rapidly approaching this Friday, Week 1 of the 2012 NFL season is also nearly here. Preparations for the Pittsburgh Steelers is already underway for the coaching staff and starting roster. [Denver Post]
- The Broncos are getting a lot of Super Bowl talk, which annoys me to no end. Does anyone remember the early 2000’s when the Washington Redskins always seemed to be preseason Super Bowl favorites? Yeah, let’s just focus on Week 1, eh? [CBS Sports]
- One obstacle to that mythical Super Bowl run is the AFC West, which again appears to be a weak and dysfunctional division, so at least that hurdle won’t likely be a big one for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. [Denver Post]
- Annoyingly, the NFL continues to be cheap with the most important players on the field when it comes to keeping the game flowing as the Replacement Referee’s will start the season. Let’s just hope we don’t see too many of this kind of crap when games actually matter. [First and Orange Blog & DeadSpin.com]
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.