Posted Thu Aug 2nd by Monty
The Denver Broncos are excited for their annual summer scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High this Saturday at 3:50 p.m. With Peyton Manning at the helm it will likely be an all-time training camp attendance record-breaker. Here’s all the information you need to know, straight from the horse’s mouth (the Broncos press release):
- Admission and parking are free. Parking is available in all stadium lots. Gates will open at 3:30 p.m. (Please note that parking in the neighborhood streets surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High is strictly prohibited. Guests who park in the neighborhoods surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High are subject to citation and tow by the City of Denver’s Right of Way and Permit Enforcement Division).
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays entering the stadium as a large crowd is expected. Nearly 40,000 fans attended the Summer Scrimmage during the past two years, including a record crowd of 20,782 in on Aug. 7, 2010, that represented the largest attendance for a training camp practice in Broncos history. IMPORTANT TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Parking lots at the stadium are expected to fill up quickly. Fans are encouraged to carpool or use public transportation options, if possible. Overflow parking will be located in the Auraria Campus and Pepsi Center parking lots and fans may be required to pay for parking at these lots.
- Entry to the stadium will be through Gates 4, 9 & 10. The standard stadium bag and prohibited item policy will be in place. Bags must be soft-sided and no larger than 12” x 12” x 12”. Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles that are still factory sealed are permitted through stadium gates.
- Seating for the practice is general admission. Fans will be directed to the seating areas of the stadium that will be open.
- The Broncos will practice in full pads, and the session will include several ‘live’ periods. Broncos radio play-by-play announcer Dave Logan (850 KOA) will emcee the event for the crowd.
- Broncos cheerleaders and alumni will be available to sign autographs for fans from 3:30-5 p.m. at Gates 8 & 9 of the stadium.
- A Broncos Kids Zone will be set up starting at 2:30 p.m. at the Sports Legends Mall at the south entrance of the stadium with inflatables, Gatorade Jr. Training Camp and autographs from Denver Broncos Cheerleaders and Miles the Mascot for kids.
- Melanoma Exposed is an educational campaign – led by leading melanoma advocacy groups, former coach Bill Cowher and Bristol-Myers Squibb – to raise awareness of melanoma and its risk factors and to encourage people to get screened. As part of the Broncos’ partnership with Melanoma Exposed, free skin cancer screenings will be held at the Sports Legends Mall from 1:30 – 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.MelanomaExposed.com.
- Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders, Mile High Tumblers and The Thunderstorm jump team will take place on the field immediately following the practice.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR FANS
|2:30 p.m.||Kids Zone opens at Sports Legends Mall|
|3:30 p.m.||Stadium Gates (10,9 & 4) open to the public|
|3:30-5 p.m.||Alumni autographs at Gate 8|
|Cheerleader autographs at Gate 9|
|Face painting and caricatures at Gate 6|
|Post-practice||Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders,|
|Mile High Tumblers and The Thunderstorm jump team|
I’ll be covering the game with live tweets, photos and reports so if you can’t make it, be sure to follow me on Twitter! Otherwise hope to see you there!