Posted Tue Oct 16th by Jon Heath
Following his historic, come-from-behind victory over the San Diego Chargers on Monday Night Football, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been nominated for two weekly awards on NFL.com. Manning went 24-of-30 for 309 yards and three scores on MNF, leading the Broncos to a 35-24 win.
Nominated for the GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Week and FedEx’s Air Player of the Week awards, Manning set and tied several records against San Diego.
- Denver’s go-ahead-score in the fourth quarter marked Manning’s 47th game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime, which ties Dan Marino for the most all-time.
- The deficit (24 points) tied the largest comeback win by any road team in NFL history and tied the largest comeback in MNF history.
- The win marked the first time in NFL history that a team won by double digits after trailing by 24 points or more and tied the Broncos’ largest comeback in franchise history.
- The Broncos’ 35 second half points against San Diego set a franchise record; their 21 fourth quarter points extended their league-leading +73 fourth quarter point differential, outscoring opponents 79-6 in the fourth quarter this season.
- Monday marked Manning’s fourth consecutive 300+ yard game and the 67th 300-yard game of his career, which is an NFL record. The victory also marked Manning’s 144th win, which ranks fourth overall in NFL history and ranks first among active NFL quarterbacks.