Posted Sat Sep 8th by Tim Lynch
- Forget about the offenses, it’s all about the defense for both the Denver Broncos and Pittsburgh Steelers. Both teams look to disrupt the others offensive game plans with an aggressive pass rush. [Denver Post]
- Honestly, I hope Rashard Mendenhall starts for the Steelers on Sunday. Players always tend to come back a week early and are largely ineffective that first game back. I’d take that. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- Meanwhile, James Harrison isn’t likely to play Sunday, although the Steelers have yet to officially announce it. Any advantage for the Broncos is a good one. [CBS Sports]
- In spite of the solid play from the Broncos defense in preseason, it is hard not to have some doubts considering the last 6 years of largely embarrassing defensive efforts. Add that to multiple forty-burgers the defense allowed last season, some writers think the Steelers should attack early and often. [Bleacher Report]
- A good friend of mine put up a “this day in history” post on a sister blog today. I remember that game and I also believe the Broncos started a long streak of losing season openers not many seasons after that. [MHR]
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.