Posted Sun Sep 2nd by Tim Lynch
- The top news story today is that talks have broken down again between the NFL and the referee’s union. I have only one thing to say about that…FML. [First & Orange Blog]
- Ty Warren is back in the saddle for the Denver Broncos. Having him finish the preseason at the top of the depth chart at tackle means one of the Broncos biggest holes this offseason may have worked itself out after all. [Denver Post]
- Mark Kiszla thinks that if Peyton Manning and the Broncos falter in 2012, John Fox will be the scapegoat. That may be the case if the Broncos for 4-12, but if they finish anywhere near .500, then Manning and Fox will get a free pass. [Denver Post]
- According to the East Coast media, the Broncos success hinges on Peyton Manning. Well duh, Wilbur. May I also suggest that the New England Patriots success hinges on Tom Brady or the San Diego Chargers unsuccess hinges on Norv Turner. Sometimes, you are better off just letting common knowledge remain common knowledge. [New York Times]
- Ray Lewis offered his thoughts on the Pittsburgh Steelers, while some analysts filled out his rather weak report with some detailed analysis of both the Steelers and Broncos. [Bleacher Report]
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.