Posted Sat Aug 25th by Tim Lynch
- Sorry for going AWOL yesterday, but I’ve got a limited amount of time each morning to bust these links out and I had to take a very important phone call that ate up all of that limited time and then some. We’ll start today’s links with a piece from a few days ago that would have gone into yesterdays post. Peyton Manning will transform the Denver Broncos offense, but the question is, how long will it take to start gelling? [Denver Post]
- According to the Broncos PR Department, the team is still installing the system. It vaguely reminds me of last year’s lockout. That ended with inconsistent defensive play and terrible offensive play, with more than a few incredibly heart-stopping moments along the way! Hopefully, Manning will make last year a fleeting memory. [DenverBroncos.com]
- David Bruton has stood out this preseason, but pretty much only on special teams. However, he’s starting to give me a Keith Burns vibe and I like it! [Denver Post]
- The Linebacker position is in flux and it feels like, to me anyway, John Elway and John Fox are trying to figure out if they can live without D.J. Williams post-2012. I can live without him now, but I’m the kneejerk fan type. Besides, both Nate Irving and Danny Trevathan have looked solid out there so far, while having Keith Brookings and Joe Mays may allow both those youngsters get another year under their belt before breaking into the starting roles. [Denver Post]
- Meanwhile, Peyton Manning has taken Jack Del Rio‘s quarterback son under his wings. Maybe if Brock Oseweiler doesn’t work out, we could snatch up Luke Del Rio! I kid, I kid. Everyone knows his father is going to draft him after he gets his next head coaching gig. [CBS Sports]
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.