Posted Thu Aug 23rd by Tim Lynch
- It feels like the Denver Broncos roster at many positions is crowded. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, because it either means we’re a very deep team or it means we’re a very average team. I hope its the former! [Denver Post]
- Everything you want to know about this weekends match-up with the San Francisco 49ers is here, along with many things you probably didn’t want to know, including the 55-10 Super Bowl stat. Thanks for that PR Department. Sometimes innocent typos are a good thing! [DenverBroncos.com]
- Derek Wolfe is playing the big, bad wolf, but he also understands that being a rookie means his starting job is always going to be tenuous. [Pueblo Chieftain]
- Apparently, the Kansas City Chiefs have issues on defense. I’m not sure I buy any diagnosis during the preseason, since it might appear the Broncos have issues on defense too, if the starters weren’t going to be starting and playing most of the 60 minutes during the regular season. Then again, I’ll smile at any negative news coming from our division rivals. [Denver Post]
- Speaking of smiles, Norv Turner is on the hot seat for the 47th straight season, or something like that. I hope he does just enough to keep from getting fired against this year – perhaps a 9-7 record and just barely missing the playoffs. The longer he stays with the San Diego Chargers, the longer Phillip Rivers continues to have an average team surrounding him. [ESPN.com]
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.