Posted Sat Apr 14th by Jon Heath
The 2012 NFL Draft is less than two weeks away and the Denver Broncos are preparing their draft boards. Leading up to the draft, the Broncos will be working out prospects and bringing in players for visits.
Currently, the Broncos have shown interest in six prospects.
- Utah State running back Robert Turbin will visit the team on Monday.
- The Broncos have invited Michigan State defensive tackle Jerel Worthy for a visit.
- Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick is on the Broncos’ short list of first round prospects.
- The Broncos recently held a private workout with Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweile.
- The Broncos have (or will) bring in Oklahoma State offensive tackle Levy Adcock and Missouri guard Austin Wuebbels for visits (or have them workout for the team), according to PFT.
The Broncos are expected to workout or bring in thirty to forty players for visits before the draft. We’ll keep you updated on who those players are. Denver currently owns seven selections in the draft, including the 25th overall pick.
Depending on who you ask (and on which day of the week you ask them), the Broncos will draft either a DT, WR, CB, MLB or RB in the first round. The Broncos have options, and their plans may become clearer as the draft draws closer.
The first round of draft will begin on Thursday, April 26th and will be broadcast on NFL Network and ESPN.