Posted Tue Mar 6th by Jon Heath
Note: BroncoTalk is doing a fan-interactive mock draft! Get involved! Email Mr. East at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need thirteen more G.M.’s! More info here!
"Now in position meetings, were there incentive programs where a guy got $10 for an interception or a sack or a big hit — which is different from a bounty of trying to hurt someone," said John Lynch on Monday. "Yes, that went on. But that's different from saying you want to hurt someone."
- Yesterday, we noted that bounty programs are used across the NFL and suggested that the Broncos themselves may have even operated one. [BroncoTalk]
- Coach John Fox told the Denver Post’s Mike Klis that the team has never used a bounty program to intentionally hurt other players. (Disclaimer note: Klis has not been on the money in recent weeks. Take anything he reports with a grain of salt.) [Denver Post]
- Andrew Mason writes that the Broncos will continue to use franchise tags in the future due to the new collective bargaining agreement. [Max Denver]
- Quarterback Tim Tebow‘s #15 Broncos’ jersey is currently the second-best selling jersey in the NFL. [Shutdown Corner]
- On Friday, Robert Ayers went to Cherry Creek High School’s pep assembly to help cap off the school’s Wish Week. [DenverBroncos.com]