Posted Sat Dec 17th by Jon Heath
On Friday evening, I was looking at the Broncos depth chart and saw that quarterback Tim Tebow weighs 235 pounds these days. That’s notable because (a) he has lost weight since his rookie season (236) and (b), he’s a big quarterback.
So I did some research to find:
- Denver’s starting quarterback (Tebow) weighs as much as their starting running back (Willis McGahee).
- Among Denver’s offensive skill players, only the teams two fullbacks and four tight ends weigh more than Tebow.
- Of the 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL, Tebow outweighs all but five of them (Carson Palmer , Ben Roethlisberger , Joe Flacco , Cam Newton , and Josh Freeman ).
- In 2005, Tebow — ten pounds lighter than he is today — played defensive tackle in the closing minutes of a High School State Championship, helping Nease defeat Armwood by a score of 44-to-37.
- Tebow outweighs Patriots quarterback Tom Brady by a good eleven pounds, but he doesn’t have a model girlfriend.
- Tebow’s teammates say he benches in the “mid-400’s,” which is impressive.
Needless to say, Tebow is one big, strong dude. Consider this your daily Tebow update.