Posted Sun Sep 18th by Monty
With the Denver Broncos‘ engine missing, oh, just a few key cogs, we’re taking a few minutes to get to know the players that will replace those out due to injury, game show style. First to correctly guess the backup in the comments based on the context-free, position-anonymous clues gets a cookie.
- I was undrafted, and this is my second year with the Broncos.
- I averaged 6.4 yards per _____ in my 2008 NFL debut with the Indianapolis Colts.
- Quoteable: “Wanted the win but we played hard. Put a lil dirt on it an let’s get ready to play our first home game. I love my team!!!!” (via Twitter following preseason week 4)
- Over the past two years, the Broncos have tried out other veteran backups at my position, including former first- and second-round draft picks. I’m still here.
- Measurables: 5’9″, 215, Maryland
- I scored one half of the Broncos’ touchdowns last week.
The correct answer, of course, is RB Lance Ball, who caught a Kyle Orton pass for a touchdown in the fourth quarter last week! He averaged 6.4 ypc in his NFL debut with the Colts, who tried to sign him back last year, but the Broncos promoted him from their practice squad instead. The Broncos have added high draft picks such as Laurence Maroney and LenDale White in Ball’s tenure, but he continues to see the field. He’ll have perhaps his most action today against the Bengals.