Posted Thu Dec 23rd by Jon Heath
This season for the Broncos, everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.
- Outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil has been cited for disturbing the peace and assault in connection with an incident that occurred during the October 24th game against Oakland. Dumervil was arraigned on Dec. 7 and has a Jan. 11 court date in Denver County Court. [Denver Post]
- On Wednesday, Interim Head Coach Eric Studesville said the team has placed fullback Spencer Larsen on injured reserve, ending his season. Since there are no other full backs on the roster, it is assumed tight end Daniel Coats will take over at the position. [Broncos Zone]
- If defensive coordinator Don “Wink” Martindale is not retained, the Broncos will have employed six defensive coordinators in six years. [Max Denver]
- Quarterback Kyle Orton told reporters yesterday that even if he was healthy, he won’t start against the Chargers. Understandably, Orton and Tebow aren’t rubbing elbows. [Max Denver], [Denver Post]
- Receiver Demaryius Thomas (ankle) and safety Brian Dawkins (knee) both returned to practice on Wednesday, while running back Knowshon Moreno (ribs) and kicker Matt Prater (groin) were the only players not to participate. [Broncos Official Twitter]
- Houston Texans’ defensive end Antonio Smith says he doesn’t know if he’ll be allowed to hit Tebow on Sunday, seeing he’s a saint and all. [Houston Chronicle]