Posted Mon Dec 20th by Mr.East
Yesterday showed us a lot of things, some great and some… not so much.
A time to thrill
- “The NFL has been around for 90 years, and until Tebow came along, only two quarterbacks — the similarly styled Michael Vick (2002) and Kor- dell Stewart (2000) — had rushed for a 40-yard touchdown and thrown for a 30-yard score in the same game” – Mike Klis of the Denver Post
- “His [Tim Tebow] 100.5 quarterback rating is the highest in team history for an NFL debut and the highest among the league’s seven rookie quarterbacks who have made their starting debut in 2010.” – Denver Broncos PR Staff – Denver Broncos Post Game Notes
- “[Brandon Lloyd] became just the third player in NFL history to record his first 1,200-yard receiving season in his eighth NFL year or later.” – Denver Broncos PR Staff – Denver Broncos Post Game Notes
Plain old sadness
- “There are 1,010 reasons — one for every yard in total offense Denver surrendered to the Raiders in two games — for the Broncos to consider it.” – Mike Klis of the Denver Post
- “The team converted only 2-of-12 attempts, although both of those went for touchdowns.” – Lindsey Jones of the Denver Post
- The Broncos have allowed 40 points in the fourth quarter during their last two games. – Source: NFL.com/scores
Not sure what to think
- The Broncos are in a position to pick second overall in the 2011 Draft. – Source: NFL.com/standings
- “A source close to Cowher is adamant that the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans and New York Giants are atop his wish list if any of those teams should make a coaching change after the 2010 season.” – Chris Mortensen of ESPN
What do you think Bronco fans? What to do from here?