Posted Wed Oct 6th by Monty
- The Minnesota Vikings executed a trade to bring Randy Moss back from New England Wednesday, and the Patriots now have two picks in each of the first four rounds of the 2011 draft.
- Meanwhile, the Seattle Seahawks traded for Bills RB Marshawn Lynch and released Julius Jones.
- The Broncos‘ 2-8 slide last year began with a 30-7 loss in Baltimore. “We had a bad week of preparation, a bad week of practice last year before we played the Ravens,” Josh McDaniels said.
- Kyle Orton has the unique burden of being 87.9% of the Broncos’ total offense, an unheard-of number.
- The Broncos’ trade for Laurence Maroney opened the door for Danny Woodhead to provide a spark in New England.
- Running plays for negative yardage aren’t going to get the job done.
- The Chargers boast the league’s No. 1 offense and defense but sit at 2-2 in large part due to their shaky special teams.
- John Elway makes his case against an 18-game season.