Posted Tue Oct 5th by Monty
- “You can put any tape you want to of Tennessee and there’s going to be 10 penalties,” Josh McDaniels said. “You either coach it or you allow it to happen. That’s how I look at that.”
- Jeff Fisher responds: “We play aggressive — we don’t play cheap. If there are things after the whistle or during the play, players are fined for them. But we’re not a cheap football team. I don’t know what he’s referring to. We did have six sacks against the quarterback and numerous other times they did have some difficulty with protection and blocking our defensive line. Maybe he’s referring to that.”
- The Broncos and cornerback Champ Bailey have resumed contract extension talks that would keep the future Hall of Famer in Denver through 2014.
- McDaniels was gushing over linebacker Robert Ayers. “If we were charting discipline, he was probably close to 100 percent.”
- “Wink” Martindale‘s defense came through in a big way Sunday, especially in the second half.
- The Broncos defense did a tremendous job containing Chris Johnson, holding him to the fourth-lowest running average of his career.
- Demaryius Thomas‘ 36.0-yard average in kickoff returns was the best average for a Bronco with four returns since Eddie Royal boasted 41.0 against Miami in 2008.
- The Broncos may not need a running game to be successful in this decade’s NFL.
- Although, it’s true… Peyton Hillis wouldn’t hurt.