Posted Mon Feb 1st by Ian Henson
Good news nation! It’s only uphill from here…
The off-season is this some NFL fans favorite part of the year. There is just so much to look forward to with the draft in April and free agency opening up on March 5th. It’s time for you to pretend like you watched the Senior Bowl and all important Bowl games scouted absolutely everyone in college football and put forth your best argument as to why your team should draft the kid out of SC that can run a legit 3.9 second 40-yard dash and catch a ball ten-feet off the ground like a hopped up vacuum cleaner. Not to mention the possibility of trades, picking up some extra draft picks, getting rid of a possible player that may or may not want to be here.
So, it being Super Bowl week and all… And facts being facts, the Broncos came so close to getting to the big game this season… Oh. so. close. Inches really, so we wanted to cover a couple issues over this week that Denver will face this off-season and let our community tell us what you guys think in the comments. These points will be deciding factors in whether the Broncos are participants or spectators in next season’s Super Bowl:
- Re-signings – Brandon Marshall, Kyle Orton, Elvis Dumervil, Chris Kuper, Tony Scheffler, Ben Hamilton and several others contracts are up this season. We’ll have our predictions up this week.
- Matter of fact, Brandon Marshall period.
- Draft needs – Denver’s looking to beef up their offensive line and talent up their defensive line. Both spots look to be seriously upgradeable very early in the draft, but which way does Denver go offense or defense?
- Retooling of the Broncos run game.
- Sophomore development in: Knowshon Moreno, Robert Ayers, Kenny McKinley, Darcel McBath, Richard Quinn, Alphonso Smith, Tom Brandstater, David Bruton, Tony Carter, Everette Pedescleaux and Seth Olsen (amongst others).
- New coaches: Wink Martindale, Eric Studesville, where do they come from, where are they at? Can they get in where they fit in?
So keep it here, we’ll go in depth on everything and anything. If we’ve missed something that you’d like then let us know as well!