Posted Mon Sep 7th by J. Kenneth K.
I was asked this morning if I wanted to go for a jog.
It’s Labor Day.
Yet on a day built for rest, relaxation, and BBQ’n, many people are being laborious. Puttin in W-O-R-K.
First off, it’s Monday. The Monday before the Sunday on which we all finally get to sit down at the table and taste what’s been cooking all summer long. Shout out your prediction here: What will be the outcome of the Broncs/Bungals game?
In anticipation of the Bungals Sunday, tomorrow on ESPN’s First Take, Skip Bayless will be facing off with Chad Ochocinco. A versus. Assuredly they will be discussing the upcoming match up and may even weigh in on our very own Ochostinko, Brandon Marshall. Shout your prediction here: Who will win the head to head between Skip & Ocho?
On Brandon Marshall: You may have been part of Kerry Rhodes twitterverse hysteria last night, or you may have read about it here on BroncoTalk. This morning Rhodes’ teammates, Nick Mangold and Jay Feely, both commented on the lack of action backing up Rhodes’ cryptic messages about Buh-Buh-Buh Brandon & the Jets. PFT is also keeping everyone updated on Kerry’s updates.
Nick Mangold: I dunno about @jayfeely, but I’m pretty mad @kerryrhodes for stirring up this hysteria. I was expecting some real news with my coffee today.
Jay Feeley: @nickmangold remember what happened to the boy who cried wolf.
my tweet: WHO CARES!
I think most of us here share the same sentiment. Yes, it would be great if BM got his head on straight and buckled down with the team. Yes, it would be great if BM realized that his being on the field opens up Eddie, and Eddie’s being on the field opens up Gaffney/Stokely/McKinnley, and their being on the field…AHHHHHHH!!!
Yes, it would be great. Until that happens, I’m over it, he doesn’t deserve my attention. Let’s play some football.
Or some fake football.
You may or may not know about this years BT Fantasy Football Challenge. 30 readers were selected to join 6 staff members that make up 3 different leagues. BroncoTalk Omega drafted yesterday, here’s how the first 6 rounds shook out.
(1) The HILLIS have Eyes – Adrian Peterson RB
(2) Team Vince_Marine – Michael Turner RB
(3) Team Rockefeller – Matt Forte RB
(4) The Jedi Knights – Steven Jackson RB
(5) Team Baby Jay – Chris Johnson RB
(6) Team Henson – Larry Fitzgerald WR
(7) The Singing Bush – Maurice Jones-Drew RB
(8) LrdBobbington’s Fancy Pants Men – DeAngelo Williams RB
(9) Team Kamp – LaDainian Tomlinson RB
(10) Team OrangeCrush – Frank Gore RB
(11) Team Jakub – Drew Brees QB
(12) The Estes2SD – Andre Johnson WR
(13) The Estes2SD – Brandon Jacobs RB
(14) Team Jakub – Steve Slaton RB
(15) Team OrangeCrush – Marion Barber RB
(16) Team Kamp – Tom Brady QB
(17) LrdBobbington’s Fancy Pants Men – Randy Moss WR
(18) The Singing Bush – Calvin Johnson WR
(19) Team Henson – Brian Westbrook RB
(20) Team Baby Jay – Peyton Manning QB
(21) The Jedi Knights – Steve Smith WR
(22) Team Rockefeller – Clinton Portis RB
(23) Team Vince_Marine – Greg Jennings WR
(24) The HILLIS have Eyes – Anquan Boldin WR
(25) The HILLIS have Eyes – Aaron Rodgers QB
(26) Team Vince_Marine – Pierre Thomas RB
(27) Team Rockefeller – Kurt Warner QB
(28) The Jedi Knights – Roddy White WR
(29) Team Baby Jay – Kevin Smith RB
(30) Team Henson – Chad Ochocinco WR
(31) The Singing Bush – Reggie Wayne WR
(32) LrdBobbington’s Fancy Pants Men – Ronnie Brown RB
(33) Team Kamp – Knowshon Moreno RB
(34) Team OrangeCrush – Terrell Owens WR
(35) Team Jakub – Thomas Jones RB
(36) The Estes2SD – Dwayne Bowe WR
(37) The Estes2SD – Marques Colston WR
(38) Team Jakub – Marshawn Lynch RB
(39) Team OrangeCrush – Ryan Grant RB
(40) Team Kamp – Wes Welker WR
(41) LrdBobbington’s Fancy Pants Men – T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR
(42) The Singing Bush – Brandon Marshall WR
(43) Team Henson – Eddie Royal WR
(44) Team Baby Jay – Vincent Jackson WR
(45) The Jedi Knights – Philip Rivers QB
(46) Team Rockefeller – Braylon Edwards WR
(47) Team Vince_Marine – Tony Gonzalez TE
(48) The HILLIS have Eyes – Willie Parker RB
(49) The HILLIS have Eyes – Roy E. Williams WR
(50) Team Vince_Marine – Tony Romo QB
(51) Team Rockefeller – Antonio Gates TE
(52) The Jedi Knights – Jason Witten TE
(53) Team Baby Jay – Dallas Clark TE
(54) Team Henson – Jay Cutler QB
(55) The Singing Bush – Darren McFadden RB
(56) LrdBobbington’s Fancy Pants Men – Matt Schaub QB
(57) Team Kamp – Chris Cooley TE
(58) Team OrangeCrush – Matt Ryan QB
(59) Team Jakub – Lee Evans WR
(60) The Estes2SD – Joseph Addai RB
(61) The Estes2SD – Donovan McNabb QB
(62) Team Jakub – Hines Ward WR
(63) Team OrangeCrush – Bernard Berrian WR
(64) Team Kamp – Santonio Holmes WR
(65) LrdBobbington’s Fancy Pants Men – Ray Rice RB
(66) The Singing Bush – Derrick Ward RB
(67) Team Henson – Larry Johnson RB
(68) Team Baby Jay – DeSean Jackson WR
(69) The Jedi Knights – Chris Wells RB
(70) Team Rockefeller – LenDale White RB
(71) Team Vince_Marine – Antonio Bryant WR
(72) The HILLIS have Eyes – Santana Moss WR
Notice the pick in bold, the traitor, BT’s own Ian Henson drafting Cutler in the 5th Round. Et tu, Brute?
Back to business, EVERYONE! What are your predictions for Week 1?
Have a beautiful, restful, laborless holiday. Celebrate Safely.